delicate pink chicks
shielded by caressing arms
This image of a single peony is another photomanipulation I did to digitally convert a photo into the likeness of an old Japanese woodblock print.
Single peonies are composed of one or more rows of a few broad petals, known as guard petals, which surround a center of pollen-bearing stamens, which in turn surround the pistil. I believe the name of this peony is Sea Shell. I like how delicate and silky the petals are, and how the formation of stamens and pistils looks like a birds nest.
Hope your week is off to a splendid start!
Here is the original photo I started with:
- My Favorite Daffodil – Woodblock Print
- Osaka Castle – Woodblock Print
- Stellers Jay – Woodblock Print
- Soul Searching – Woodblock Print
- New Year 2012 Greetings
- Delicate Wings – Woodblock Print